Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Save the environment one package at a time!

I use recycled packaging and wanted to label it as recycled so my customer understands that I'm environmentally conscious and not "too cheap to buy a envelope". I first thought I would buy some stickers and print my message to stick on the packaging. Wait, that's using extra paper I don't need!! Hmmm, then I thought of using a rubber stamp. Excellent idea, I can reuse my stamp over and over. Off, I went in search of a stamp. I didn't like what I saw in craft stores, too generic looking. There were some Etsy sellers with very cute stamps, but they didn't say exactly what I wanted to say. Then I came across a blog RoughStock that offered a free graphic! Cool... but I still wanted my shop name on the stamp. I decided to start from scratch. I fired up GIMP, created my message with a recycle symbol. Hooray!! I sent it off for printing at RubberStamps.net. Here's the finished product, it says it all:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool!! Love that stamp too!

rachelmira said...

wonderful!

Sister Mary Martha said...

That is a very wonderful idea. Are you selling them? Could we have our etsy addresses at the bottom?

wzgirl said...

Most excellent!

Luchi said...

Sister Mary I created the graphic and uploaded it to http://www.rubberstamps.net/ for a custom stamp. I could help you with a graphic if you want.

Aimee Dars said...

Great stamp! Much better than the one I got for myself--d'oh!